Wednesday, September 30, 2015

My Bio

 
                 Bob Cammarata


I am a Maryland photographer who specializes in nature in all its forms.
For as long as I can remember, my love for the outdoors has inspired me to capture Nature's beauty and intrigue. 

My primary interests photographically, involve traveling the country, and getting up close and personal with subjects in nature. My travels have taken me to every corner of the U.S. and parts of Canada, but the majority of my photography occurs less than a tank of gas away.

I prefer to shoot in full-manual most of the time because I believe that it affords the ultimate in control and accurately represents the challenges and rewards this great art has to offer. 
I am an active contributor to Flickr, Bugguide, Moth Photographer's Group, Maryland Biodiversity Project, and other popular wildlife and photography websites.
My photos and articles have been published in magazines, business and travel brochures, and many of my landscape photos have been sold as fine art prints. I recently collaborated on an extensive caterpillar publication, which was published by Ivy Press and released to world-wide distribution in the fall of 2017. You can order your copy here.
I often consider photography to be the therapy which helps keep me sane in a crazy world.
This Blog was created to share some of my knowledge, exploits and adventures while striving to obtain that "perfect photo".
The title for this Blog, "Things That Don't Shoot Back", is kind of an inside joke on myself. It refers to my usual response when asked why I never shoot people.

MY ARTICLES:
 (Use The Blog Archive to the right...or these links.)


Photographing Maryland (Chapter 2) Catoctin Mountain Bug Safari
Photographing Maryland (Chapter 1) A Shot of Calvert
Can Photographers get Sued For Shooting Flowers?
Macro Photography Tools and Techniques (Parts 1 through 6)
Slug Caterpillars of Maryland (Revised and Updated October 21, 2015)

Also, as seen on the blog "IN RELENTLESS PURSUIT"
Bat Cave Chronicles
Next Stop...OZ
On Snake Mountain
Fish Tales (Part 1)
Fish Tales (Part 2)
When Mother Nature Lends a Hand











No comments:

Post a Comment